Dear Family and Friends,

 

I can’t thank you enough for the wonderful support you have given me as I’ve journeyed through the pokes, prods, tests and treatment of breast cancer. The love and concern from each of you has been overwhelming!

 

As you’re aware, at about the same time my cancer journey began my Mom fell and suffered a brain contusion. We were uncertain whether she would recover. Things felt very scary to me at that time. Then a dear friend (who has had her share of difficult times) shared some words with me…she said “When things are not normal, do normal things.” What words of wisdom those are! Though difficult to do at times, the very “normalcy” of daily life and God’s grace has kept me from dwelling and worrying too much about my Mom’s situation or mine. And that brings us to today….

 

My last radiation treatment was Thursday, May 27. My doctor said that in approximately two weeks I should see relief from the side effects (the burning and fatigue). I’ll take medication for the next five years, have semi-annual mammograms and visit the oncologist annually.

 

And as for my Mom….she has come a really long way. She will be here the second week of June to visit assisted living facilities in OkC and Tulsa (with Tulsa being her preferred choice).

 

When my sister Peggy closed her practice in New Mexico in April and moved into Mom’s house, Mom was able to move out of the rehab facility and back home. It was very surprising to the therapists how rapidly she improved. We’re so glad she’s gotten to the point where she can help select her new home.

 

When Mom moves to Tulsa or OkC the first of July, Peggy will move to Oklahoma City and start looking for a job. I’ll love having a sister in the same town and hopefully you’ll all get to meet her!

 

Again, thanks for all the prayers, dinners, flowers and love that have been sent my way over the past few months. I am blessed because of you!

 

Love, Patty

 

0 comments:

Periodic Quote...

"The grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."- Allan Chalmers