Dear Family and Friends,


'Tis the eve of my surgery and I just wanted to thank you for the prayers and kind offers of assistance as I move through this process. Last Sunday at church one of the hymns was "On Eagle's Wings." I'm sure you're familiar with the refrain:

"And he will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun...and hold you  in the palm of his hand."

As I sang and listened to the words I thought - how appropriate for me right now. I thought of all of you, dear friends and family, and how much you all mean to me. I can move through this with calm because of each of you! I truly can't convey how much you mean to me!

Tomorrow morning, my day will begin with an 8 o'clock check-in at Mercy's Day Surgery Center. At 8:30 I'll be taken to nuclear medicine to receive a dye injection that will indicate if the lymph nodes are involved. Following that, from 9:30 to 11:30, I'll be in radiology having guide wires placed in the two cancer sites. Around noon I'll go to my cubbyhole, an IV will be started, and eventually the anesthetic will be administered. The surgery will commence between 2-2:30 and will probably last about two hours. That will be followed by approximately 2 hours+ in recovery. Hopefully, I'll be home by 7:00, but it could be as late as 9:00.

Love, Patty

0 comments: